Yesterday was an outdoor "clean up and reuse stuff" kind of day. I finally potted up a bunch of saved perennial seeds, just to see if they might actually sprout. Seeds saved from my mom's lush gardens, seeds from friends' perennial beds--even seeds I collected from spent flowers at the entrance to a local hospital. Let's see which ones survive.
Instead of preparing the little pots the "proper" way, with rocks at the bottom to aid drainage, I simply used torn sheets of computer printouts scrounged from the trash in the shed. Out here in the country we take our trash and recycling to the dump so there is always something available to use.
By the time the paper disintegrates it'll be time to plant the seedlings.