As an experienced Creative Memories consultant Leslie suggested:
- Save the best stuff--what pulls at your heart when you try to toss it?
- Give priority to what the kids actually made on their own--the fingerpainted duck beats out an Easter egg decorated with store-bought stickers.
- If it's 3-D it's going to be hard to keep over the years. Take a photo and toss the real thing.
- Forget trying to save anything decorated with marshmallows, Fruit Loops or macaroni.
- Write your child's name, the teacher's name, the "school" and the approximate date on the back of each item you keep.
- Go ahead and keep something you're unsure of, but review your stash in a year and whittle it down again.
Stay tuned for how we made the refrigerator shine again.