Thursday, August 15

Butterflies are Free

They're free to watch in gardens and, with a low-cost membership to your local botanic garden, you can learn about them for free.  Add a friend who treats you to lunch and your whole, enjoyable day can be a freebie.

Each of the three classes I took, for free, at Lewis Ginter Botanic Garden Lewis Ginter this summer was wonderful, especially since they were given by the same engaging and data-intense teacher, Butterfly Barbara.
We learned about the most common butterflies and moths seen in Virginia, their host plants and nectar plants.  Where can I get some milkweed???

Plus, my buddy, Joan, took the class with me and surprised me with an invitation to lunch--for free!
At The Continental on Grove Avenue

What a gorgeous day!





This is how I felt after lunch!